Advent and Christmas at St. James
This season we have a beautiful and full Advent schedule, and I hope that you will make plans now to participate in each of these special times of worship, fellowship, and sharing!
- Sunday, December 1
- Morning Worship: We will celebrate Holy Communion in each of our three worship services, and in Common Thread we will have our Carson Hall decorating time.
- 6:00PM Advent Wreath workshop: Come to Carson Hall and make a wreath to use at home this year! Cost is $5 for materials.
- 7:00PM Advent Greening Celebration: In the Sanctuary we will celebrate the coming of the Light of Christ with a special service of lighting. Special music will be provided by Joyful Noise and our Youth Praise Team.
- Wednesday, December 4
The St. James Weekday School Living Nativity is on December 4th at 10:00. All church members are invited to come. It is a beautiful way to start out the Holiday Season.
- Sunday, December 8
- 3:30PM: Our children will share their Christmas program with the church, and all are invited to this special time! Immediately following, we will send the entire St. James family Christmas caroling to some of our families.
- Sunday, December 15
- 7:00PM: A Traditional Moravian Lovefeast and Candle Service in our Sanctuary. This very special Advent Celebration invites us to experience the love of God with all of our senses - sight, sound, taste, touch and smell. Come and smell the beeswax candles, taste and touch the buns and coffee, see the light of the candles burning, hear the sound of the brass quintet playing the songs of the season. This service is one for our entire community, and we hope that you will bring friends and neighbors with you!
- Sunday, December 22
- 8:30AM Worship in the Chapel: We will see our Nativity piece by piece as we finish our preparations for Christmas and worship God together.
- 9:45AM Common Thread in Carson Hall: We will experience Voices and Carols on this special Sunday, reflecting on the roles of the many people in the nativity story.
- 11:00AM Worship in the Sanctuary: Our Sanctuary Choir and guest musicians will lead us in worship as they share The Living Light, a musical time of worship reflecting on the nativity story and the coming of the Light of the World.
- Tuesday, December 24
- 5:00PM Family Christmas Eve Service in the Sanctuary - an upbeat and family-friendly service that includes communion and familiar carols; nursery will be available.
- 6:30PM Common Thread Christmas Eve Service in Carson Hall - communion, candle lighting, and familiar carols in nontraditional settings; nursery will be available.
- 11:00PM Candlelight Christmas Eve Service in the Sanctuary - communion, candle lighting, and more traditional music to usher in the birth of Christ.