LENT 2014 at St. James UMC
“A Portrait of Christ”
- Wednesdays in Lent: 6:00 worship and communion services lasting 30 minutes, held in White Chapel. All are invited.
- April 13, Palm Sunday: Each of our three morning worship services will be unique as we celebrate the arrival of the Messiah, Jesus Christ!
- Our 8:30 service will be held in White Chapel, and will focus on Peace as we continue the Portraits of Christ Lenten series.
- In our 9:45 Common Thread service we will hear about the people who welcomed Christ into Jerusalem, and join in their praise and welcome of our Savior.
- At our 11:00 service, our music department will lead us in worship through The Seven Last Days, a work by Joel Raney. This beautiful work tells the story of Palm Sunday and moves us through the days of the week through the crucifixion of Christ.
- We hope that you will choose to participate in one or all of these times of worship!
- April 17, Maundy Thursday: St. James UMC has a lovely tradition of sharing Maundy Thursday worship with another local congregation, Trinity Presbyterian Church. We will worship at Trinity this year on Thursday, April 17 at 7:30PM. All are invited to this time of worship and fellowship.
- April 18, Good Friday: All are invited to Walk the Stations of the Cross. Groups of 8 or 10 begin the walk every 15 minutes, with the first group starting at 4:00PM and the final group beginning at 7:00PM. We invite you to this stirring time of reflection and adoration as we experience the passion of our Savior. You may sign up in advance for a specific walk time by calling the church office (919)876-5796.
- Triumphant Easter Sunday morning worship will begin at 7:00 am on April 20 in White Chapel, followed by breakfast in Carson Hall, Common Thread worship at 9:45 am in Carson Hall, and 11:00 worship in the sanctuary featuring guest musicians.